We are living in difficult times, and few things are more difficult than spending the holidays in confinement alone or (possibly worse) with close family. If you do, you need all the help you can get. Here are a few homeopathic remedies (all available from Her Majesty’s homeopathic pharmacy) which, according to the ‘like cures like’ (LCL) axiom of homeopathy, might come in handy:
- Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic Acid) Aspirin is effective for many conditions, for instance, headache. So, taking a high potency homeopathic Aspirin should, according to LCL, give you a headache. It might therefore be helpful for being excused from spending yet another afternoon watching TV with your mother in law. Alternatively, you could, of course, smuggle some drops in her food and solve your problem in this somewhat unethical way.
- Latex vulcani (Latex (condom) In case you want to use the confinement to start a family, this remedy should make it easier to conceive.
- Penicillinum Penicillin kills bacteria, as we all know. Taking homeopathic Penicillium would therefore make you catch a bacterial infection. This could be a welcome change from all this endless talk about viral disease, I am sure.
- Semen humanum In case you do not want to get pregnant, this seems to be the remedy of choice for you.
- Sunlight Blue (Prismatic blue from sunlight) Sunlight Green (Prismatic green from sunlight) Sunlight Orange (Prismatic orange from sunlight) Sunlight Purple (Prismatic purple from sunlight) Sunlight Red (Prismatic Red from Sunlight) Sunlight Yellow (Prismatic yellow from sunlight) Lots of people swear by vitamin D to protect themselves against COVID-19. It is easy to over-dose on this vitamin, and many people will therefore be now suffering from a vitamin D hypervitaminosis with potentially dangerous consequences. If you are worried, I recommend you take all the above remedies. As sunlight normally generates vitamin D in your body, these homeopathics should stop any hypervitaminosis D in its tracks.
- Umbilicus humanus (Umbilical Cord Humanus) Many people have to spend this holiday without their mother. If that affects you deeply, try this remedy.
- Vitamin D (Vitamin D2 + Vitamin D3) Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) If you don’t want to take the sunlight remedies mentioned above for your vitamin D hypervitaminosis (remember: too strong sunlight can cause skin cancer!), try the more direct method of administering homeopathic vitamin D.
So, do take good care of yourselves, stay healthy, don’t over-dose the brandy butter, port, or anything else, and