I do like clearly and concisely expressed views and am often as outspoken as politeness allows (apologies, if I sometimes seem to be less than polite). I hope that commentators will do the same, no matter whether they agree or disagree with me. However, hope that we all try our best to observe a minimum of courtesy towards each other.
14 fairly simple rules should be observed when commenting on my blog.
- All posts should be in understandable English; with rare exceptions, I will not post comments that I find incomprehensible.
- Libelous statements will not be posted.
- Personal insults will not be posted and trolls will be banned.
- People who keep insulting others will be banned.
- Comments must be on-topic.
- Nothing published here must be taken as medical advice.
- All my statements are comments in a legal sense.
- Conflicts of interest should always be disclosed.
- I will stop discussions on any particular topic if I feel that enough has been said and things are getting boring or repetitive.
- I will limit the contributions to wafflers (discussants who have little to say but say it continuously) to 10/post.
- I will not post comments which are overtly nonsensical or untrue.
- I will prevent commentators from monopolizing the discussion.
- Commentators should use only one name or identifier.
- Commentators can use names other than their own.
- I will not normally enter into discussions with people who do not disclose their full identities.
Please do let me know if you feel that I or someone else has broken any of these rules.
I often use slightly edited abstracts of published papers I discuss as the basis of my posts. These are not necessarily exact quotes; when I do quote, I usually employ italics to make it clear.