I do like clearly and concisely expressed views and am often as outspoken as politeness allows. I hope that commentators will do the same, no matter whether they agree or disagree with me. However, I will insist that we all observe a minimum of courtesy towards each other.
Twelve simple rules must be observed when commenting on my blog.
- All posts should be in understandable English; with rare exceptions, I will not post comments that I find incomprehensible.
- Libelous statements will not be posted.
- Personal insults will not be posted and trolls will be banned.
- People who keep insulting others will be banned.
- Comments must be on-topic.
- Nothing published here must be taken as medical advice.
- All my statements are comments in a legal sense.
- Conflicts of interest should always be disclosed.
- I will stop discussions on any particular topic if I feel that enough has been said and things are getting boring or repetitive.
- I will not post comments which are overtly nonsensical.
- I will prevent commentators from monopolizing the discussion.
- Please use the same name you’ve used before when commenting — it doesn’t have to be your real name, but it helps others who are trying to follow the discussions.
Please do let me know if you feel that I or someone else has broken any of these rules.
I often use slightly edited abstracts of papers I discuss as the basis of my posts. These are not necessarily exact quotes; when I do quote, I usually employ italics to make it clear.