The New Year is a good occasion to thank all commentators for their participation. Your contributions are essential and much appreciated. Sadly, the tone used by several of us (me included) has deteriorated in recent months. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to update the rules for contributing to this blog and let you know that I plan to enforce them.
I do like clearly and concisely expressed views and am often as outspoken as politeness allows. I hope that commentators will do the same, no matter whether they agree or disagree with me. However, I will now insist that we all observe a minimum of courtesy towards each other.
Twelve simple rules must be observed when commenting on my blog.
- All posts should be in understandable English; with rare exceptions, I will not post comments that I find incomprehensible.
- Libellous statements will not be posted.
- Personal insults will not be posted.
- People who keep insulting others will be permanently banned from posting on my blog.
- Comments must be on-topic.
- Nothing published here must be taken as medical advice.
- All my statements are comments in a legal sense.
- Conflicts of interest should always be disclosed.
- I will stop discussions on any particular topic if I feel that enough has been said and things are getting boring or repetitive.
- I will not post comments which are overtly nonsensical.
- I will prevent commentators from monopolizing the discussion.
- Please use the same name you’ve used before when commenting — it doesn’t have to be your real name, but it helps others who are trying to follow the discussions.
Please do let me know if you feel that I or someone else has broken any of these rules.